Sunday, November 30

A Heart Filled With Gratitude

We spent the weekend at my mom's with my siblings and their families. I ate too much and slept too little. But as we traveled home tonight - six hours through gusty wind, rain and sleet - my mind wandered back over the weekend, and the first 38 years of my life, recalling my blessings. Here's just a sampling, which I'm sure many of you share.
  1. Another year of life, truly the most precious gift God bestows
  2. Still being crazy about my husband after 15 years
  3. The privilege of motherhood
  4. Healthy, happy children
  5. A big, loud, crazy family who love me just the way I am
  6. A big, loud, crazy family I love just the way they are
  7. My sisters' two-year-old girls
  8. Living in the greatest country on Earth
  9. Knowing that God loves me and has a purpose for me in His master plan
  10. Reuniting with college friends (almost 20 years after college)
  11. Pumpkin pie and chocolate fondue
  12. The generosity of others
  13. Getting out of a warm bed to a hot breakfast (Thanks, Mom!)
  14. Beautiful colors and textures of the late Fall countryside
  15. Forgiveness
  16. Reliable transportation
  17. The ability to work
  18. Girlfriends
  19. Reading a good book by a glowing fire
  20. Warm, fuzzy socks (Is there anything better?)

My wish for you is that you focus on your blessings more than your burdens and that each day reveals itself as the unopened gift it was meant to be. Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Latte said...

I can't think of anything better! Great post!

Latte said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my homeschool blog...I love my pictures too...I love taking pictures...A LOT. I need to get more of Thor but he does not usually pose for pictures unless it's a trip just for pictures.

I am glad Steve had a good time, Thor and I felt so torn with being able to spend time with SO MANY PEOPLE. So having you say that makes me feel a little better.

We enjoyed having your boy(z) over and you guys are always welcome over anytime.

Love,
Faith