Monday, January 26

Day 26: A Thousand Bouquets

Okay, the madness has got to stop! I input the receipts into our financial software this morning. Yikes! The grand total of our four-day lack of discipline is almost $75! Proof positive that letting our convictions slide has not been worth it. We are rededicating ourselves to the cause TODAY and making conscious decisions about how we use our resources, otherwise known as practicing what we preach.

Micah's first doctor appointment, an exhausting process, was today. He was able to confirm what we already knew and gave us some more information that explains some other problems he has had in the past. He's an M.D. who practices a unique blend of complementary medicine, including homeopathy. After my gastroenterologist gave me no hope, I started seeing this doctor, who has helped me immensely over the past three and a half years. I function better now than I ever have, so taking Micah to him seems like an obvious first step. He gave us some homeopathic remedies to start him on, which feels overwhelming and empowering at the same time.

Thankfully, I didn't have to think about making dinner because some friends of ours brought pasta, veggies and bread. They also brought a breakfast casserole, bagels and cream cheese, orange juice, lunch meat, sandwich cheese and two loaves of bread. Hallelujah! We are set not only for at least two dinners, but also breakfast and lunch for a few days. Such a blessing. A word to the wise: Don't ever underestimate the power of taking a meal to a hurting person or family. In my book, a casserole is worth a thousand bouquets and faithful friends are worth their weight in gold.

1 comment:

Latte said...

I could not agree more...we were blessed by this a lot during Thor's cancer!