Monday, January 12

Day 12: Kids Eat Almost Free

Tonight is "kids eat free" night at one of our favorite restaurants. The food is healthful, the service is good and the atmosphere is quiet. As a bonus, they let you combine coupons. Once, we all ate there for less than a dollar. I haven't eaten all day, thanks to the lingering stomach bug, so letting someone else cook sounds like a brilliant idea. But, alas, I'm making chili instead.

Our family had a discussion last week about how much we like Wendy's chili and how cheap it is - only $1.29 per cup. But, when we dissected that argument, we figured out that we can make chili with all-natural beef, seasoning and sauce, veggies, and organic beans for MUCH less than $1.29 per person. This isn't rocket science, so why all the excuses for not eating at home, I wonder? So, tonight my kids ate almost free, at home sweet home.

1 comment:

Latte said...

I think we (as American's)can't get past the fact that it seems easier to eat out...but after you have everyone get ready to go, load up, go there, sit down, order, then wait on your food, eat the food and pack up and go home...you could have made dinner and been ready for bed! Even if you go to a fast food place your still talking 30 to 40 minutes! You can make an all natural sandwich and chips faster than that.

And yet...I would prefer to eat out. Why...my brain just thinks that is easier. It's not, but somehow I have convinced myself it is. We all have...