Thursday, January 8

Day 8: Little Numbers Make a Big Difference

My sister called me last night to tell me she and her husband have canceled their home phone service too. She also downgraded her Dish Network plan with a total savings of about $60 per month, or $720 per year. After scrutinizing her spending habits this week, she's also decided to go cold turkey on her Pepsi slush habit and not color her hair for six months. I heard hope in her voice and the satisfaction that comes with feeling in control instead of powerless. Because the amounts were relatively small on a monthly basis, she said she'd never really thought about how they all add up to a big drain on the checkbook and her emotional energy. But she's making a big change, one baby step at a time. Bravo, Amy!

I used up the last drop of that hideous body lotion this morning. Now I get to treat myself to one of life's little luxuries - Arbonne Unwind body lotion. I found three sample size bottles that my mom had given me last Christmas. It's botanically based, the scent is intoxicating, and it moisturizes better than anything I've ever tried. Now let's see how long I can make these 2-oz. bottles last.

1 comment:

Latte said...

I am really starting to overly enjoy reading these...makes me want to save even more...I want to try and squeeze my grocery budget from $100ish a week to around $60...it's a big undertaking!

Been fun reading,
Faith